La lingua de Katia

La lingua de Katia The writings of a child from a thousand different parents

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Response to Big Men.
Wow Lynn is on the Altoid diet too! I loved this little detail because it resonated with something so engrained in my daily routine that I could actual see this as being a real woman. At the same time this lady really pissed me off, I kept thinking why on earth is she with him and I hate these type of weak willed women who know that they are being treated wrong but they ignore their lover's faults. It is worse then a foolish woman who is too naive to see her circumstance. I think that is why I liked this piece, there was a lot of action and a character that frustrated me. There is some definite sass beneath this piece, I enjoyed when she smiled, "he would have to spend the whole day getting that off tomorrow" when he drives through the dust. I didn't think that it was necessary for the woman to die. I mean understand the point of the piece, the women are the silent voices of reason and victims resembling modern day Eves. I am still not sure if I like the Eve parallel a part of me likes how the sharp the language becomes yet at the same time I fell that the Eve image is overused. I don't know, I will have to sleep on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home