La lingua de Katia

La lingua de Katia The writings of a child from a thousand different parents

Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Why don't I listen in class, I never know if I am suppose to print out my response to the reading or type it on this thing, this blog, this "space". ok screw it, I am not gonna beg Steven Hall to print out my response, I am just gonna post it since I actually did the reading.
Response to: The little doll and her mechanical boy
I didn't want this story to end. I wanted to know what the little girl doll was looking at through the window. I don't know maybe it seems cheesy but I thought maybe the doll girl was watching the other child play outside. The mother's friend suggested that there was a neighborhood girl but she never surfaced. I thought that when the boy finally returned to the "real" world, the front porch he would meet a real friend. There were so many elements of mystery that were never solved. Why did the doll resemble the wives, why had no one mentioned her existence or discover her real name. I didn't really care for the ending because it reminisced the same feelings of detachment as the introduction. A really important point about this story is that there was a disturbence, an extreme urgency and intensity but the author manages to hook the readers without killing anyone. He toys with a conventional coming of age story until it reveals a clockwork orange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home